I’ve been watching my two beautiful Tonkinese cats this morning and reflecting that the way they live holds great lessons for life.
Here are some of those things for which cats are such wonderful reminders.
- Be sure to make time every day for play.
- Look for sunshine in your life and, when you find it, take the time to stretch your soul into it and enjoy.
- Develop the art of stillness.
- Take care of those close to you. Watch out for them, spend time with them and share life’s fun as much as you can.
- When you’ve had a spat with someone, forgive and forget. True friendship dwells above and beyond those differences.
- Explore new spaces, new places, and new things with insatiable curiosity – but gently and safely, taking care of yourself at the same time.
- You don’t have to be tense to stay alert, so relax those muscles. You can remain alert and completely, totally relaxed at the same time.
- When life seems cold, look for the warmest spot you can find and stay there. It’s ok to curl up under the doona sometimes and stay hidden for a while.
- When you know what you want in life, be sure to ask for it – loudly if necessary – in the certainty it will come to you in the end …
- … but most of the time you don’t have to put your claws out. A soft touch may be all you need to gain attention. :)
I have studied many philosophers and many cats. The wisdom of cats is infinitely superior. (Hippolyte Taine)